Final Times from Day Two of Testing at Valencia!
So day two of the three day MotoGP test at Valencia is done and dusted, and what a day with 20 riders getting out, and the Repsol Honda team making their first appearance.
Predictably Marquez topped the time sheets with a 1:30.536 just two tenths ahead of Jorge Lorenzo. Pedrosa was third, with Bradl in 4th, only 5 hundreths of a second behind the diminutive Spanish Factory Honda rider.
Amazingly Bradley Smith ended up the second quickest Yamaha on the day, finishing one place ahead of Rossi in 6th with a 1:31.397, and was the top Brit rider! Cal though is still getting used to his new Ducati, as he finished down in 11th, 1.5 seconds off Marquez's pace with a 1:32.114, and almost half a second slower than his team mate Dovizioso who ended 8th on the time sheets.
Scott Reddings injuries unfortunately stopped him showing us what he is capable of, as he only got out for a total of 23 laps on his Go & Fun Honda, but ended up second from last with a 1:34.541 in 19th place.
Here are the timings in full:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 30.536s (Lap 75/77)
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 30.768s (58/60)
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 30.948s (67/72)
4. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 30.990s (57/60)
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP Go&Fun Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 31.208s (41/72)
6. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 31.397s (77/78)
7. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 31.414s (56/57)
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 31.661s (55/62)
9. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 31.836s (66/72)
10. Andrea Iannone ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing (GP13) 1m 31.844s (61/68)
11. Cal Crutchlow GBR Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 32.114s (53/53)
12. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Test Team (GP13) 1m 32.473s (47/65)
13. Nicky Hayden USA Power Electronics Aspar (RCV1000R) 1m 32.576s (76/76)
14. Yonny Hernandez COL Ignite Pramac Racing (GP13) 1m 32.800s (26/27)
15. Aleix Espargaro ESP NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Yamaha M1) 1m 32.847s (17/18)
16. Colin Edwards USA NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Yamaha M1) 1m 33.149s (21/34)
17. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART) 1m 33.672s (32/43)
18. Randy de Puniet FRA Paul Bird Motorsport (ART) 1m 33.833s (22/37)
19. Scott Redding GBR Go&Fun Honda Gresini (RCV1000R) 1m 34.541s (22/23)
20. Mike di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (FTR-Kawasaki) 1m 34.618s (29/42)
The guys head back to the track tomorrow for one final day of testing from 10am-5pm.