Bradley Smith Second Fastest So Far in Testing
Wow - just check out these time sheets!!
Bradley Smith is less than 3 tenths of a second behind Marquez.......a brilliant effort from the Brit! If you are wondering where Rossi and Lorenzo are in the timing sheets, the Yamaha Factory team concluded its testing yesterday.
Bradley said that the pace of new team mate Pol Espargaro as soon as he stepped on the MotoGP bike had been brilliant motivation for him. That time is not just quick, it's quicker than Pedrosa in Qualifying on Saturday, and would have grabbed him third on the grid, plus it was a whole second quicker than Pedrosa's new lap record for the circuit achieved during the race.
Its not just the second fastest time of the day, but the second fastest time of the whole three days, only Marquez, the new MotoGP Champion has gone faster! An effort made even more remarkable by the fact Bradley didn't go out at all on Monday, taking a rest day instead.
Timings correct as of 14:15 on Wednesday (GMT)
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 30.287s (Lap 32/52)
2. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 30.598s (35/36)
3. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 30.868s (20/23)
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 30.992s (32/42)
5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 31.533s (12/28)
6. Alvaro Bautista ESP Go&Fun Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 31.665s (32/34)
7. Andrea Iannone ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing (GP13) 1m 31.670s (44/45)
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 31.716s (33/36)
9. Aleix Espargaro ESP NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Yamaha M1) 1m 31.724s (27/29)
10. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Test Team (GP13) 1m 31.969s (25/27)
11. Cal Crutchlow GBR Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 32.102s (24/36)
12. Nicky Hayden USA Power Electronics Aspar (Honda RCV1000R) 1m 32.204s (33/35)
13. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Power Electronics Aspar (Honda RCV1000R) 1m 32.530s (27/44)
14. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART) 1m 33.692s (34/35)